Sunday, March 20, 2011

I got 99 problems but the snitch ain't one

This afternoon I covered the Quidditch tournament held by the Penn State Harry Potter club, the Three Broomsticks. The event featured teams from four universities, Penn State, NYU, Michigan State, and Youngstown. Being a Harry Potter fan myself, I thoroughly enjoyed covering this because I've never witnessed a Quidditch game without magic involved. Families came out to lie on the lawn with their children and pets and tailgaters cheered on the teams while supporting signs and makeshift wands. I was surprised by how much of a legitimate sport it played out to be, I ended up treating it like I would if I were shooting soccer, basketball or football. I used my 200 lens and mostly kept low to the ground for the greater depth of field. The reporter got some audio to go with my photos so hopefully I can post a link to the slide show she makes when she's finished.

Edit: March 25, 2011 Oh look here it is http://www.collegian.psu.edu/asset.aspx?id=2889











Here's a link to the Daily Collegian articleTri-Wizard coverage

No comments:

Post a Comment